Yesterday, attorney Ben Winograd and I had the pleasure of being panelists on the FBA’s Immigration Law Section’s webinar “BIA Appeals, Do’s and Don’ts.” We had a wonderful turnout; over 150 participants tuned-in. Sponsored by the ILS Younger Lawyers Division, this interactive program covered tips and practice pointers for young or new immigration attorneys. I discussed outside the box ideas to render the content of a brief persuasive and effective. In case you missed it or would like to review the covered material, I am posting the presentation in the hope it will serve as a useful resource. Click here to view the PowerPoint.
- AILA and Retired Immigration Judges Enter in TIA’s Challenge to Major BIA Decision
- Advocates Defend Against ICE “Sanctuary” Fines and File FOIA Request
- TIA Welcomes Colton Spencer Bane, Appellate Law Clerk
- BIA Appeals, Do’s and Don’ts
- Sixth Circuit Vacates BIA’s Jasso Arangure, Rejecting “Purposivism” and Confirming Res Judicata